Thursday, March 17, 2005

Rock Frontman Detained In Airport For Wearing Gun T-shirt

According to reports Stereophonics frontman Kelly Jones was stopped from boarding a airplane flight at London's Heathrow Airport after the design on his T-shirt caused an unexpected security alert.

While on his way through airport security to board the flight, Jones found himself questioned after repeatedly setting off the metal detector, before the design on the singer’s T-shirt provoked one guard to claim it would prevent
him from flying at all.

"I beeped as I went through the metal detector,” Jones is quoted by website Contact Music as saying, “So they took my belt, watch and phone off.

"The guy takes me aside and says, 'You know you're not supposed to wear that.' I said, 'Not supposed to wear what?' I honestly didn't have a clue."

A security man then pointed to the singer's T-shirt - which featured a picture of a pistol with a flame coming out of the top.

"I was like, 'What am I going to do with a gun on a T-shirt?'” Jones continued, "So he called his superior over. By this point I was like 'You're having a laugh, mate.' He started asking me if it was embossed with anything, but it wasn't.

"I thought he was going to ask me to strip down and change. I mean, it's not as if my T-shirt was loaded."

No comments:

3-27-2024

  Donald Trump is now selling $60 'God Bless the USA' Bibles ahead of Easter. Judge sends strong message about Elon Musk's attac...