In this blog I will document America's decent into Fascism as it happens.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Home Science Under Attack In Massachusetts
An anonymous reader tips a guest posting up on the MAKE Magazine blog by the author of the Illustrated Guide to Home Chemistry Experiments. It seems that authorities in Massachusetts have raided a home chemistry lab, apparently without a warrant, and made off with all of its contents. Here's the local article from the Worcester Telegram & Gazette. "Victor Deeb, a retired chemist who lives in Marlboro, has finally been allowed to return to his Fremont Street home, after Massachusetts authorities spent three days ransacking his basement lab and making off with its contents. Deeb is not accused of making methamphetamine or other illegal drugs. He's not accused of aiding terrorists, synthesizing explosives, nor even of making illegal fireworks. Deeb fell afoul of the Massachusetts authorities for... doing experiments... Pamela Wilderman, the code enforcement officer for [the Massachusetts town of] Marlboro stated, 'I think Mr. Deeb has crossed a line somewhere. This is not what we would consider to be a customary home occupation.' Allow me to translate Ms. Wilderman's words into plain English: 'Mr. Deeb hasn't actually violated any law or regulation that I can find, but I don't like what he's doing because I'm ignorant and irrationally afraid of chemicals, so I'll abuse my power to steal his property and shut him down.'"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10-2-2026
Elizabeth Warren probes $19B in tax breaks for Amazon, Google, Meta and Microsoft as AI drains $96B in federal revenue Trump throws a glas...
-
A Texas Deputy Searched 83,000 Flock Cameras To Track Down a Woman Who Had an Abortion Musk went to “war,” sought jail time for X ad boyco...
-
WEEKEND: MORE ATTACKS ON IRAN COMING... DEVELOPING... USA, Israel to bomb energy targets... Tankers Being Blown Out of Water... UPDATE: Tehr...
-
GrapheneOS says its data-wiping password is perfectly legal, after user faces federal charges “Clapping Is a First Amendment Right:” An In...
No comments:
Post a Comment